Sunday, May 31, 2009

Prayers for little Zuri

Hello faithful friends and family,
We have some things we could use your prayer for. First of all Zuri is sick again. She came down with a fever today and feels terrible. Her eyes are very watery and every now and then a tear will just fall straight down her cheek. I was able to just hold her today and take care of her but my heart was breaking because of feeling helpless. Claudia is treating her for Malaria because the treatment is much better for her than letting her ride it out and actually having Malaria. Malaria is tricky and can "hide" inside you with false readings when tested. It is very serious and can get into your brain even and cause seizures so I am for treating her anyway even though it could be a bad cold. We are reaching the end of our trip so if we can just get her well, then we won't have to worry about Malaria carrying mosquitoes in the states. We couldn't get her medicine in her because she kept throwing it up tonight, so please pray her fever will be healed and her stomach will settle so we can get her medicine in her so she can start feeling better.
On the adoption note, our attorney has submitted Zuri's passport, but without a certain paper that was supposed to be signed by a certain person who went out of town last week. He is hoping it will still be done even without the paper so we will find out tomorrow. We can't get the visa processed and the rest of the embassy stuff until we have the passport in hand. So we really need the passport to be done tomorrow so we can submit the rest of the paperwork. At this point, I am not feeling very positive that we will be on time to travel next Tues. So please pray that our Embassy representative, Nathan Flook, will have mercy on our case and process us quickly. A lot is up to him and he can be hard to work with. We met other families in Uganda yesterday that were flying out tomorrow for L.A. They have been here 6 weeks, so if our paperwork doesn't get done this week, we are at least hoping it will only be a couple of days difference. The offices are closed this Wed. and next Tues. for holidays so we only have a few days to work with. Little Gayla (the baby) is doing better. She is so small. When you pick her up, its like you are picking up bones. She is beautiful though and I can't wait to see her after she is well loved and fed!
I am going to wrap this up. We are hoping to go to Kampala tomorrow if we hear the passport is ready (we are praying). So we will let you know what we find out and how Zuri is doing. I miss you all very much. Schultz's, I hope Hanna is still welcome and not the guest that has stayed too long! We really miss her!
If anyone has American Idol recorded and would let us borrow the last couple of shows we would appreciate it. We left for Africa the day after the last 3 performed so we don't know who got cut and who were the last two. We are trying hard not to find out the results because we would like to watch it as a family when we get back. We will let you know how Zuri is doing tomorrow. If you get this early you could keep her in your prayers throughout your day since it is the night here (9:00pm). We hope to see all of you soon....Trusting Him, Gayla

6 comments:

  1. Hey Family, Please don't worry about me!! In fact I think they are liking me too much. I heard Andrew say that he was going to switch my collar with Max so that they can keep me. So, check me out good and make sure you have the right one when you get home. I don't want to brag but boy do I have them wrapped around my finger. They think it is great that I can play fetch. You know Max only knows how to play keep away. Sometimes he tries to steal my tennis ball and I have to chase him but mostly he just lays around and watches. I know I am not suppose to show favorites but I really like Andrew the best. When he is in the playroom I can go snuggle him and he will scratch my tummy forever. I have met two neighbor dogs and they loved me. It is funny that we are all the same color. In fact Max and I have had great fun tricking everyone. Even Mrs. Schultz gets us confused. It's like having a twin. I can't wait to see you but I am having a blast!! I do think I might need to work on my table manners. They keep talking about my messy drinking habits and how I would rather eat my food after I drop a mouthful on the garage floor. Oh well! I can't be perfect in everything.
    I love you and can't wait to see you,
    Hannah R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good timing Hannah!!! That note is perfict!!! Grandma and Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We miss you all very much and can't wait for you all to come home. You have been in our thoughts and prayers throughout this last month. We hope the rest of this process goes smoothly and we are able to see you all soon!

    Love,

    The Pells

    Emma says a special hello to aya. She misses you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are so so so missed! Love hearing all the Zuri stories and cant wait to meet her and be with you guys. Hope her passport and visa stuff is goin smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying right now for Zuri to feel better and for the passport to come through. You all are so missed in our community. I just told Ashley on the way to school this morning that it would only be one more Sunday and Leia would be back. She said YEAH! If there is anything we can do - write a congressman, call the President, you name it :) WE love you ALL.
    Connie for the Turner's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Guys,
    So sorry you have not heard much from us in the last couple of weeks. I had my surgery two weeks ago today. The procedure went well but recovery has been long and painful. Still not 100% but stronger and able to do more. My mom stayed with me during part of it. At one point I was on the couch in and out of sleep and she was in the chair petting both dogs. She too fell in love with HanHan (my nickname for her.) I can't tell you how much I have missed you guys!!! I have wept many tears for you with the things you have had to face while away. You must be exhausted. It will just make homecoming that much sweeter!! I love you all and will continue to lift you up!! Keep us posted on Zuri's health. Sandra

    ReplyDelete