Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The night before the Hearing

What a night we had tonight! We got to Kampala in time to go get something to eat. It was really wonderful to have some one on one time with Zuri and Claudia away from the house with so many giving her attention. We didn’t use a car seat on the 2 hour trip so I had the privilege of holding Zuri while she slept in my lap most of the way. Leia was beside me and I think she literally fell in love. She couldn’t stop saying how cute she was and how blessed we were to be adopting her. After we got back from dinner we went back to our hotel which is a Catholic guest house (very nice!!) and saw that we were staying right beside a medical mission team from the states! Claudia told me she wanted to ask them to take a look at Zuri and I figured if she was bold enough to do that then I would back her up. So Claudia and I took Zuri down the hall and stood at their doorway explaining who we were and what why we were in Kampala. They were from Connecticut. We asked them if they minded listening to her chest because of her recent cough and they said, “we would be glad to if you wouldn’t mind us also praying for her!!!!!!” We sat down and they laid hands on her and said the most wonderful prayer of blessing and healing over her. They each took turns praying for her health, the adoption process with the judge tomorrow, her bonding experience with us when we take her home, her future, and the possibility of coming back to Uganda if God ever called her back to be a light to her birth country. They also praying for Claudia and the ministry she is doing with the orphans. They blessed Zuri AND us. As tears ran down my face, I felt the Lord in the room with his hand upon us saying, “ can I show you enough that I have been in this whole process and will complete it.” I was truly in awe of his love and goodness. We thought we were coming to Kampala early to avoid the muddy roads from the rain and make sure we didn’t miss the court date. What we didn’t know was that God had it planned all along and knew his team from Connecticut would be rooming right beside us and would send His blessing through them to us to reminding us of His presence! He is truly a father to the fatherless! Oh, how I love Him!

2 comments:

  1. After all that amazing love you received, what did they say about Zuri's cough? I'm praying for healing for that sweet girl and health protection for the rest of you as well.

    Love Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I hope that you can see this. She is coughing stuff up - which is a lot better than it was. We will keep you up do date if she gets worse. Thanks for your posts, and your prayers! The Renslow's

    ReplyDelete