Thursday, May 21, 2009

Helpless, but not hopeless

Now I know how one feels when you move far away and things happen back home that rips your heart out. We lost a dear friend in our community this week and our hearts are devestated and we are broken and can offer very little in terms of comfort and can receive very little from others - this is a new place for us. Our hearts long to be there with our friends at 5:14 - I think we SHOULD be there. We want to share in the laughter of rememberance and the sadness of such a sudden loss, but we simply cannot do so and this is a feeling of helplessness and one that I do not embrace easily. However, I have not lost hope in God who knows all and sees all and even this has passed through his hand and I can take comfort in him because I do know that he is good. We miss you 5:14 folks and our hearts are breakinng with you and rejoicing in a life well lived. I may be helpless, but I am not hopeless.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Renslows...I don't know how I missed this blog because I have checked it several times but I was sitting at the table eating my lunch and picked up my phone to just read the blog yet again because it blesses me so much and as I scrolled down I saw this - I honestly have not seen this am maybe the Lord was giving it to me when I needed it. Jack, Lisa, Mike and David loved us so very well on Tuesday - we felt sheltered in a time of storm. 5:14 has really poured out their love to us. Jack was such a blessing as he celebrated Pam on Friday and Grace totally embraced us. It was really a community event involving several churches. I now have a great "what community means" story although in my heart I would choose to forego this one. We feel your prayers and look forward to your returning to Greensboro. Love, Connie

    ReplyDelete