Saturday, May 9, 2009

A better update from Gayla

With the internet connection we could have swam this update to you quicker. It literally took almost two hours.! OK, so I have a hard time concentrating when I have people around and I can't think straight so I am making myself stop long enough to tell you how I am doing. I am not a natural writer like my hubby so I will just give you running thoughts about my time here. I think each day will get easier and easier. Anytime you are in someplace new, it takes a few days to feel secure and comfortable. I am loving all the people here. They are full of joy and love well. They are always interested in who you are and have a ready smile. We haven't seen much of Boe, Mac, and Leia because they have just been playing with all the kids the whole time. It blessed my heart to running over to hear Mac recite everybody's name....especially when you can hardly tell the difference between the girls and boys. Mac called one of the girls a boy today and was really embarrased about it. He would never want to hurt their feelings. They are "blending in" so well that I think they will be changed forever after 5 weeks. Zuri is more precious than I ever hoped for. She is holding her arms out to us to take her and smiles when we talk to her. Leia commented that it is like the relationship she has with Emma only she gets to keep her 24/7!! I have loved getting to know her sweet creation, as I hold her I admire her color and the kind of hair she has, and the way her toes were made. It brings me straight to the beauty of someone God created knowing someday we could be her parents. With Boe, Mac, and Leia, I saw features in light of "how" passed on certain qualities...hair color, etc. With Zuri, I just see beauty in her coloring and smile.....and am feeled with love. It amazes me how God can put such love in our hearts for our children. I wondered if she would feel like a stranger but its as though she knows us and we have known her. I look forward to having her to ourselves so we can really feel like she is ours. I am thankful for this time with Claudia so I can learn about her though, so she will have things that are more familiar than if we just came and picked her up. I am also thankful to get to know her culture so we can share it with her.

About getting use to everything, this will take more time for me. If it was just me and Jimmy, it would be easier. But with the kids, brings lots of fear...my biggest fears I have put into categories. There are about 4 fears that are constantly on my mind (looks like a prayer request...)making sure the kids are hydrated so they don't get sick...which is hard with them always playing outside across the camp....hoping the food is safe and doesn't hurt our stomachs or give us a parasite....keeping bugspray on the kids, and Boe's wound not to get infected. I am not sleeping well as every sound keeps me at alert and Africa is just a little different than what I am used to back home. I am going to go now and prepare to teach Sunday School tomorrow, both Jimmy and I are doing that in the morning and are looking forward to giving the missionaries a break:)

2 comments:

  1. She is beautiful!!! You look very proud!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your thoughts. Jeannette prayed for you guys tonight before she went to bed. I'll let her read your post. We are looking forward to meeting her and hearing about your trip. Barbara

    ReplyDelete