Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A new day...a new opportunity for hope...

Tomorrow we will go again to Kampala in hopes of receiving the passport that was supposed to take two days, but has now taken a week. We go with hope. There is nothing to be certain of, but we hope nevertheless and our experience tells us that our hope is in vain. But our hope is not placed in men and women, but in our God -who is ever compassionate and full of love and mercy. I am not sure where the roads of hope and faith diverge and faith becomes assurance and thereby becomes true faith, and I certainly cannot claim to have taken that road as of yet, but for now...I will settle for the road of hope. There is nothing to lose with hope is there? Disappointment? If we hope for nothing, then disappointment is held at bay, but is that even living or is it just dying a slow death? If my hope is in a person and this person fails to honor their promises then disappointment is certainly looming, but what if my hope is not in a person, but in a three-Persons? Ahw...is he going to disappoint me-is he going to disappoint us? Not if his ways are higher than my ways and his thoughts loftier than mine, and not if he knows and cares about every hair on our heads and loves us with an unfailing love - now that is something that I do have faith in and that is something that I can never be disappointed in. So, we go with hope. Hope, not found in a process or a person, but found in the same God as the Apostle Paul talked about in having hope...and in that Hope we have peace.

He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again. You also must help us by prayer, so that many will give thanks on our behalf for the blessings granted us through the prayers of many (2 Cor. 1:10-11).

5 comments:

  1. currently facing disappointment in my own life and thankful today for your reminder to place my hope in Christ alone and not in earthly people or circumstances! also trusting with you that God will be faithful in His time to fill your hope and faith and make them tangible to you in the form of Zuri's passport!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from the Turner's and Sarah Crawford...I'm teaching her (hopefully) so she can say hello. Love you guys, Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just had a huge thunder storm with flooding and I sat in awe of the majesty of God's creation and his awesome power. I know it could be more than a day before you blog again and that makes me feel anxious - somehow hearing through your blog keeps me focused on God's amazing love at a time when I'm feeling a little forgotten by my Lord so examples of his goodness in your lives carry me each day. I will be in prayer for you guys the next two days as I await your update. I'll close with Ephesians 3:20-21 - Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you guys! I've stayed "up to date" on your blog. So awesome. I love hearing all about your experience. You and the Pell's are giving me a desire to adopt! We'll see. That's a ways down the road. haha :-)

    Anyways, be encouraged. We all love you and are praying for you over here. Hope to see you guys and Zuri back over here soon...even though it'll be a while til I get to see you, I guess. I was bummed to discover you all wouldn't be here in Greensboro while I am visiting. I'm heading back to LA on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been so moved by your blog and your never-ending faith. The details your provide create great pictures in my imagination but I'm sure it's nothing like what you're really experiencing. Hopefully you've taken a lot of pictures!! You all really are an inspiration to me... We all miss Leia here at school and are anxiously awaiting your return. You're all in my prayers and I can't wait to meet little Zuri! Travel safely...

    Melanie Sampson

    ReplyDelete