Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mac Writing...


            The Lord has overwhelmed us blessings I could not fathom before this trip began. I did not think one family could go through such unique experiences on such a short notice. I did not even know we were planning this trip until less than a month before.  Our family has been so thankful for everything the Lord has given us and we will continue to praise Him for his great gifts. We have had experiences from high-speed 4-wheeling along the Nile River to relaxing rides along the Ugandan plains, watching giraffes feed on leaves and bushes. Riding bodas into Jinja to 10 hour car rides to some of the most beautiful places I have ever seen and probably will ever see. This trip has been completely surreal. The average day has been relatively boring, consisting of reading, watching movies, throwing lacrosse, played cards, and throwing football. Occasionally, we take the 40-cent boda ride into Jinja to eat at Ozzie’s and do some souvenir shopping at the local shops. I have changed a substantial amount spiritually with a whole bunch of time to read and be alone with the Lord. I am currently halfway through The Shack and have loved it so far. We have been blessed with two nice houses, my mom as a cook, and houses full of movies. It has been amazing seeing Zeke grow in our family and completely open up with his personality. At first, he was a stone. No one could faze him especially while he is eating. The more time we spend with him, the more he laughs, plays, and chases Zuri around the house. Zuri has loved being the older sister, babying him and talking in a high pitch voice, saying “hey Baby Zeke.” God has really given us a blessing that is constantly unfolding in new and exciting ways. My family and myself will always be thankful for this gift that keeps on giving.

2 comments:

  1. Mac, it is so good to hear that Zeke has opened up. Your description of him as a stone fits with an earlier description Gayla gave of him just watching everyone. I love that he's hard to distract while he's eating; he's a man after my own heart. :-) I'm looking forward to little Sam growing up with Zeke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your heart thoughts, Mac. God is growing you into a caring young man. I know he is going to use this experience in your life!

    ReplyDelete