Sunday, June 26, 2011

Power...

Yesterday we experienced one of the seasonal storms of Uganda. We sat out on the front porch and watched it roll in and thirty minutes later, roll back out. I was reminded of the power of God. There are millions of children here without parents. Many of the western run orphanages are now trying to focus more on couples from Uganda adopting these children and I love this emphasis! It is good and it is right. However, there are still hundreds of thousands that will go without parents and are being raised in deplorable conditions. The fortunate ones are those that make it to a nice orphanage. I have visited several homes thus far and the conditions that some of these homes are in would break your heart.

As I watched this powerful storm roll in, I wondered what my place is and how I am to serve in helping address this orphan crisis. God is powerful and he can move mountains. I am praying for my specific role in helping children without a family to be joined with a waiting loving family. I am also praying that God would use His power to secure us a court date before we leave in August. Let's wait and see what the LORD does; whatever it is He chooses to do - it will be right and it will be good.

  

2 comments:

  1. I am also praying that God would work powerfully on behalf of many orphans through your efforts, and am so thankful for what you're doing for these little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What a testimony that is!!! You and Gayla are building such a strong legacy for your family and your FAITH!! Love reading your blog and hearing updates on your family and how GOD is using you in a might way. WILL definitely be praying for you and your family and ALL the children and families of Uganda. Praying also that God will continue to GROW your family and that you will be blessed with your new addition before you leave to come back to the states.
    Tell Gayla hello from the Hubbard Gang in NC.
    God bless and safety in your travels.

    Artie and Ginger Hubbard

    ReplyDelete