Saturday, July 23, 2011

God at work in a two year old...

Gayla writing....
 Wow, what a day.  I have been brought to tears twice and both times with completely different emotions.  So let me go back to the start.  We began our day dealing with Zuri and a high fever again.  She was throwing up (nothing really because she hadn’t eaten much in the last couple of days) and obviously in pain when she drank her water.  We began to think her throat was hurting.  We are 9 hours away from our homebase in Jinja visiting with some friends from Greensboro who are stationed in Kabale.  Aaron Morrow serves here as a doctor so we asked him to take a look at her. His wife, Wendy, told me that she couldn’t help her medically, but she could anoint her with prayer.  I told her that prayer was more powerful than medicine so I would love for her to pray.  After a quick evaluation by Aaron,  it was easy to see that her throat was red and had sores.  We made arrangements to go to town at lunchtime to get some antibiotics.

 Now, here is where the story gets good.  During breakfast, Zuri sat in my lap, sleeping.  When she awakened, she tried to eat but it was too painful.  She began to point in Wendy’s direction saying “this one”.  We started to show her different things trying to figure out what she was pointing to.  Wendy mentioned, “it seems she is pointing at me”.  I couldn’t imagine that she was pointing at Wendy because she had been so clingy with me and had not been interested in anyone else.  I picked her up and we walked to this dart board to see if that is what she was pointing to.  She turned around and pointed directly at Wendy and said “This One”.  A question to her confirmed that she WAS wanting to sit with Wendy.  When placed in her lap, Zuri snuggled close to her like she had known her all her life.  You must know, Zuri had not really even met Wendy until that breakfast. So to want to sit in her lap when she was moaning with fever…well, you can imagine my disbelief.  Wendy began then to pray outloud a prayer of healing over Zuri and it was a prayer of power like few I have ever been witness to.  I felt the Lord’s anointing and pleasure in her prayer like a sweet aroma going up towards heaven.  As I think back over that moment when Zuri kept saying “this one, this one” I have no doubt that she was being moved by the Holy Spirit to sit in Wendy’s lap so that she could be prayed for.  It was a feeling that makes the hair on your arms stand at attention….We witnessed God working in our little almost 3 year old, calling her unto himself! 

Once again, I am overwhelmed at God’s mercy poured out onto us.  I have so much in my heart, stored up like fine jewels, to share and I can’t seem to get it out into words.  If I were to write them down, it would be too long to read.  Hopefully after this trip,  the Lord will allow me to be able to share about his goodness with whoever will listen.  This all happened at breakfast.  The rest of the day has been a whirlwind of ups and downs, with her feeling good and laughing, to her crying for hours in agony over her throat hurting.  I know the Lord will bring healing to her in his timing.   It has been a joy to cuddle her all day and we are still in prayer that complete healing will come sooner than later J  Thanks for walking with us on our journey.  We are so thankful for all of the prayer you give us and venting you allow us.   Praise His name….

No comments:

Post a Comment