Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ripples into Food Lion?

So I needed to pick up a few groceries this afternoon and stopped at Food Lion. It was a little before nap time so I had Zuri out doing some errands. When I went up to pay for the groceries, the woman behind the cash register said, "Her name starts with a Z right?". Of course I say, why yes, how did you know. She proceeded to tell me that she had met her on another day along with her brothers and dad. She told me how much it meant for her to watch how much her brothers loved on Zuri and how rare that was. She just couldn't express what seeing their relationship with Zuri had meant to her. She said it affected her so much that after they left she just cried. It never ceases to amaze me what this adoption has brought our family and how it stretches so much farther than our family....all the way to Food Lion!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My husband and I are adopting from Uganda and would love to ask you a couple of questions. Can you email me at sister_haiti@yahoo.com

    THANKS!
    Salem R.

    ps: Zuri is beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete